Why do golf courses still use tee time software that requires them to have an on-site server?
Here are issues mentioned by various golf courses...
- The servers and IT costs are expensive.
- Servers need constant maintenance.
- Your software needs to be backed up every night.
- If the server is stolen from the course, then all credit card information gathered through the tee time software goes with it.
- New updates have to be either downloaded through the web or CD and are expensive.
- The software is only accessible through computers that the software is installed on.
- Requires high costs of having someone fly out to set up the servers and do training.
Then, what type of tee time software should be used?
Cloud-based tee time software. Why?
- No need for Servers.
- No need for IT Support.
- No big setup and installation costs.
- Credit card information is stored through your merchant processor making it secure.
- The software is accessible through any desktop computer, laptop, iPad, or smart phone.
- All data is automatically backed up.
- Updates are completely automated.
- Data maintenance and data recovery are guaranteed.